Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

The Venus Chocolate Factory



» The Venus Chocolate Factory     1 2 Next»     » Slide Show

Memoirs of the Miami Valley, Volume 1.



The Venus Chocolate company is connected with the Olympia Candy Kitchen, which was opened in 1910. The first factory building of the Venus company was erected on North Main street, opposite the present large building, in 1913. In April 1918, the new building was purchased from the reciever of the Given & Son tannery, and with new equipment of double the former productive capacity, the business was transferred to its present site. Plans for still further enlargement are on foot, which will accomodate new machinery that is expected to eliminate at least fifty percent of the hand labor now necessary, and permit a great increase in output.

Chocolates of every description are manufactured here, and no other candy it attempted. The method and conduct of the establishment are impeccable. White-capped girls chaperoned by experienced women execute the necessary touches daintily with flying fingers, and the most immaculate cleanliness is evident everywhere, both as to quarters, equipment and handling.

About two tons daily is the output of chocolates at present (1919), and the market extends over four states.

The Venus Chocolate Company is only partly Sidney capital, the president being Koste Vlahos of Springfield. Stanley Bryan is secretary and manager.



Owner/SourceDarren Waters
Linked toStanley Nicholas Bryan
AlbumsThe Venus Chocolate Factory

» The Venus Chocolate Factory     1 2 Next»     » Slide Show