HENRY V. VAN DEMARK
a successful general farmer and well-known citizen of Clinton township, Shelby county, O., who is operating a farm of 200 acres, which belongs to his father, was born in the house in which he resides, April 21, 1885, and is a son of Jacob Newton and Catherine (Hicks) Van Demark. After his boyhood school days were over he attended the Sidney high school for two years. He comes of an agricultural family and naturally turned his attention to farming and stock raising, in which his father and grandfather were so eminently successful, but, before settling down decided to visit certain portions of the West and spent several months traveling through that part of the country, with the result that he returned satisfied to Ohio, realizing that this state offers everything contributive to the financial advancement and living comfort that can be consistently expected. Here, on one of the large farms belonging to his father,
Mr. Van Demark is engaged in farming and he also gives attention to producing high-grade horses and stock. Mr. Van Demark was married September 18, 1907, to Miss Caroline Coon, who was born on a farm in Shelby county and is a daughter of Marshall K. and Anna (Rinehart) Coon. Mps. Van Demark has a brother, Alfred, and a sister, Florence.
Two daughters have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Van Demark, Catherine and Anna. They attend the Presbyterian church. Mr. Van Demark, like his father, is identified with the republican party but takes no very active part in politics.