Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

J.W. Thompson

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 738

J. W. THOMPSON
    who operates his father's farm of 258 acres, situated nine miles southwest of Sidney, O., in a pleasant part of Washington township, Shelby county, was born in this township and is a son of Freeborn and Mary (Flynn) Thompson, who have lived retired at Piqua since 1909. The family contained three children: J. B., R. W. and J. E., the last named being deceased. Since the end of his school days, R. W. Thompson has been continuously engaged in agricultural pursuit's on this place, having no particular specialties but following both  farming and stock raising. The Thompsons have all been farmers sincethe family was established here in 1818. 
   R. W. Thompson married Miss Edna C. Burnett and they had one daughter, Nina E., who died when a babe of eight days. In his political sentiments Mr. Thompson has always been a republican and has been active and useful as a citizen and at present is serving as a member of the township board of trustees.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toJ.W. Thompson

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show