Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

George M. Wyatt

Male


 

George M. Wyatt

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 836

GEORGE M. WYATT
    general farmer and stock raiser, who successfully carries on his industries on his valuable tract of sixty-one acres, situated in section 33, Cynthian township, two miles north of Dawson, O., was born in Loramie township, Shelby county, O., December 21, 1871, and is a son of J. M. and Mary Catherine (Green) Wyatt. George M. Wyatt obtained his education in the public schools, attending mainly the West Tenerson school in Loramie township, and afterward assisted his father, who is now deceased. He has given almost his entire attention ever since to farming and stock raising and has proved that agriculture, properly carried on, is a profitable business in Shelby county. For ten years following his marriage he remained on the old homestead in Loramie township and then came to his present well-improved place. George M. Wyatt married Miss Mary R. Huffman, who was born in the western part of Loramie township, a daughter of
William W. and Harriet (Edwards) Huffman, both now deceased. Mr. and Mrs. Wyatt have one daughter, May Laura, who is a student in the Oran special school district. Mr. Wyatt has been treasurer of the board of education of this district since January, 1912. He is a democrat in politics and served three terms in the office of road supervisor while living in Loramie township. He is one of the solid and reliable citizens of this part of Shelby county.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toGeorge M. Wyatt