Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Dr. Albert Wilson

Male


 

Dr. Albert Wilson

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 258

DR. ALBERT WILSON
    the third son of Col. Jesse H. Wilson, one of the pioneers of Shelby county, was one of the early practitioners of the county, settling here in 1852. He was born September 14, 1826, studied medicine under Dr. H. S. Conklin, of Sidney; and graduated from the Ohio Medical College of Cincinnati in 1851. In the spring of 1861 he entered the army as regimental surgeon and remained in the service four years and three months. He was the first volunteer from the town of Sidney having offered his service as surgeon within forty-eight hours after Lincoln's first call for troops. At the close of the war he returned to his practice in Sidney and in 1875 engaged in the drug trade in connection with his practice. In 1871 he married Miss Irene Ayres of
Wapakoneta. and had one daughter, Jessie Ayres Wilson. He possessed a strong physical organization coming from a hardy race of people, was loyal to his friends, honest and sincere, and his life was certainly an exemplary one. He died June 2, 1903.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toDr. Albert Wilson