Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

F.M. Wildermuth

Male


 

F.M. Wildermuth

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 685

F. M. WILDERMUTH
    cashier of the First National Bank of Jackson Center, O., is one of the representative men of Shelby county and a useful and influential citizen of Jackson Center. He was born on a farm in Jackson township, Shelby county, three and one-half miles northwest of Jackson Center, June 11, 1875, and is a son of George and Magdalena (Harmon) Wildermuth.  George Wildermuth was born in Germany but was married after coming to Shelby county, O. During his long life he has followed agricultural pursuits and he and wife still reside on their farm which is situated three and one-half miles northwest of Jackson Center. They have been the parents of twelve children, nine of whom survive. F. M. Wildermuth attended the public schools in Jackson township, later the Jackson Center schools and afterward the normal school at Angola. Ind. following which he taught school in his native township for nine years. Mr. Wildermuth first became associated with the First National Bank in the capacity of assistant cashier, then becoming cashier, in which office he has served continuously since 1909. He has additional business interests, being a member of the J. M. Pence Grain Company, of Ansonia, O., and the Junior member of the Runyan & Wildermuth Hardware Company of Jackson Center. In politics Mr. Wildernmuth has been a lifelong democrat and for a protracted period served efficiently in responsible offices in Jackson township, for two years being assessor and for three successive terms, township
treasurer. He has served Jackson Center also as city clerk and during two terms was a member of the city council.
    Mr. Wildermuth married Miss Christiana Sherer, who is a daughter of John and Louisa (Allenbarch) Sherer, and they have three children: Ruby Marie, Willis Arlington and Forest Elmer, all of whom were born in the family residence on North Main street, Jackson Center. Mr. and Mrs. Wildermuth are members of the Lutheran church.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toF.M. Wildermuth