Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

J.E. White

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 735

J. E. WHITE
    who has been a lifelong resident of Green township, Shelby county, O., resides on the farm of eighty acres, situated ten miles southeast of Sidney, on which he was born in 1881, and is a son of G. M. and Mary E. (Moore) White. G. M. White was a native of Miami county, O., born in 1837, and came to Shelby county with his bride and lived on the present farm through a long and worthy life, his death occurring in his seventy-second year. He married Mary E. Moore, who resides on the homestead with her son, being now in her sixty-fifth year. There were but two children: W. E., who resides on an adjoining farm; and J. E. In the public schools of Green township Mr. White and brother secured educational training and both then devoted themselves to farm pursuits, J. E. White devoting his entire time and attention to the management, development and improvement of his farm, having sensible and practical ideas which bring him very satisfactory results. He raises wheat, corn, rye and oats and enough stock for his own use. Mr. White married Miss Maggie Minniear and they have one child, Treva. In politics Mr. White is a democrat.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toJ.E. White

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show