Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

Lanty G. Simes

From The History of Shelby County, Ohio, published by R. Sutton & Co.,
Philadelphia, 1883.

Page 205 Green Township

Lanty G. Simes, Farmer and Justice of the Peace; P.O. Plattsville, Ohio

 Mr. S. was born in Clarke County, Ohio December 15, 1825.  He is what we can call a self-educated man, acquiring the principal part of his education at home.  On the first day of December, 1845, he came to Shelby County, and began teaching school in Green Township, which he followed as his profession  seventeen years, and has since that time given his attention to farming.  In 1866 he was elected justice of the peace for Green Township, and has since that time date filled the office satisfactorily to the citizens of the township.  He has been re-elected six times, and his present term of office expires in 1883.  He also filled the office of township clerk, his term of office beginning in 1859, and was relected until he served them as clerk seven years.  The last year of his clerkship covered the first year of his term as justice of the peace.  He discharged the duties of both one year.  In 1850 he was assessor of Green Township.  In 1880 he acted as land appraiser of the township.  March 8, 1859, he married Miss Mary Brelsford, then of Miami County, Ohio, May 14, 1826.  Mr. And Mrs. Simes settled in The village of Plattsville, remained until March, 1862, when they moved on the farm where they are now residing.  They have a family of four children, 

one son and three daughters. 
 



Owner/SourceSubmitted by Marcella Messer.
Linked toLanty G. Simes

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show