"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
ELMER SHROYER whose excellent farm of 104 acres is situated in Salem township.
Shelby county, O., has spent Ins life here and is numbered with the
representative men of Salem township. He was born in this township,
May 15, 1876, and is a son of Henry and Mary (Strohlm) Shroyer. Henry
Shroyer was born in Miami county, O., a son of Joseph Shroyer, who
was also born in Ohio, of German parentage. For many years Henry
Shroyer was one of the heaviest tax payers in Shelby county, owning
over 500 acres of land. and after dividing his large estate with his
children, still owns a farm of 160 acres in Salem township and a
pleasant and comfortable residence in Maplewood, where he and wife
now live retired. To Henry and Mary Shroyer the following children
were born: Clara, wife of William Rubert: Ellen, wife of John C.
Wones; Hattie, wife of George W. Rose; and Elmer, Nelson and Harry.
Elmer Shroyer obtained his education in the public schools and
afterward remained at home assisting his father imtil his marriage.
For fourteen years afterward he rented his present farm from his
father and then bought it and ever since coming here has carried on
general fanning and stock raising, meeting with excellent success. In
1895 he married Miss Clementine C. Faulder, who was born in Shelby
county, O., and is a daughter of George and Caroline (Fergus)
Faulder. Mr. and Mrs. Shroyer attend the German Reformed church. Mr.
Shroyer is a democrat, all the male members of his family being
identified also with this political organization.
|Owner/Source||Submitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith|
|Linked to||Elmer Shroyer||