Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

S.H. Rogers, D.V.S.

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 803

S. H. ROGERS, D.V.S.
     who is established at Jackson Center, O., is an experienced and thoroughly trained practitioner in his line of medicine and surgery, and is probably, one of the best known professional men of Shelby county. He was born December 20, 1876, in Logan county. O., two miles southeast of Bloom Center.
     After completing his public school education at Lewistown, Doctor Rogers became connected with the firm of Harper Bros., implement dealers at Pemberton, and afterward was with the L. G. Shunberg Company, following which he entered the Cincinnati Veterinary College, from which he was creditably graduated March 30, 1909, and secured his state license in the following July. Since January, 1911, he has been a member of the Ohio State Veterinary Medical Association, and in February of that year he came to Jackson Center. Perhaps in no profession has science made such rapid strides as in the one to which Doctor Rogers has dedicated his life work.
He has an extensive practice which extends over a radius of ten miles from the city.
     Doctor Rogers was married to Miss Elzana Clayton, a daughter of Henry and Lucy Clayton. They enjoy a very attractive home, its location being on the comer of North Main and Jackson streets, Jackson Center. Doctor Rogers is identified politically with the republican party but has never had any taste for political office, and the only fraternal body with which he is connected, outside professional societies, is the Modern Woodmen of America.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toS.H. Rogers

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show