Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Jacob Rasor

Male


 

Jacob Rasor

History Of Shelby County 1883 (Sutton)
page 286
Washington Township

Jacob Rasor was born in Montgomery County in 1819.  He is the sixth of the family of Daniel Rasor.  He lived with his father until he had passed his eighteenth year.  About a year and a half prior to this time his brother Daniel had located in Shelby County and had built a saw-mill, and desired to have his brother come and work for him.  Jacob being anxious to go with his brother, his father gave him permission to go on the condition that he could pay him enough to hire another man in his place.  Jacob came to Shelby  County and lived with and worked for his brother some sixteen years.  His health then failed and he retired from labor for about five years.  In 1860, he, together with his brother Daniel, bought the site of the Lockington Saw-mills, and erected a mill which they ran until 1873; then they sold it to the paper company.  They then bought the sie of the Lockington Flouring Mills, upon which they built the present mills.  In 1875 he sold his interest in these mills to his brother and his son, and has since that time given his attention to farming. 

    In 1863 Mr. Rasor married Rebecca Zigler, with whom he is living at the present time.  They have acquired a competence, and are living a retired life in the enjoyment of a pleasant home.  Mr. R. has for many years been a member of the U.B. Church, and was one of the founders of that church at Lockington.  Mr. and Mrs. Rasor have never had any children of their own, but have raised a nephew and a niece, Andrew and Emma J. Hurley.

 
Submitted by Marcella Messer

Linked toJacob Rasor