Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Wiliam H. Princehouse

Male


 

Wiliam H. Princehouse

1913 History of Shelby County. Hitchcock.
Page 441

Wiliam H. Princehouse, funeral director, who has been established in the business at Sidney, O., since March 1898 was born near Palestine,  in Green Township, Shelby County, O., May 19, 1866 and is a son of Jacob and Mary (Bratigan) Princehouse.  Henry Princehouse, the grandfather, who was born in Germany, was the founder of the family in Shelby County, and Jacob Princehouse, his son, was born in Green Township, south of Palestine, O., spent his life as a farmer and died there.  His widow survies and lives at Palestine, SHelby Co. 

 

William H. Princehouse attended the country schools in Green township and afterward engaged in farming, residing on his own property until 1898, when he came to Sidney, for four years afterward being in the livery business. For the past ten years he has been in the funeral directing business, being a practical embalmer, a graduate of Clarke's School of Embalming of Cincinnati.  He has well-equipped quarters in the Bingham furniture store and owns a funeral car, an ambulance and an automobile for the proper and dignified transaction of his business.  He is identifed with all the leading fraternal organizations, including the Masons, Odd Fellows, Elks, Red Men, Uniformed Knights of Pythias, and the Knights of Khorassan.  He belongs to the Commercial Club at Sidney and is interested in some degree in political matters.  Personally, Mr. Princehouse has a wide circle of friends on account of his friendly and kindly spirit and as a business man he is held in respect. 
 



Owner/SourceSubmitted by Marcella Messer
Linked toWiliam H. Princehouse