Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

D.G. Polhamus

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 593

D. G. POLHAMUS
     township trustee of Washington township, and one of the substantial citizens of this section, resides eight miles southwest of Sidney, O., where he owns 125 acres of excellent land. Mr. Polhamus was born on the old family homestead here fifty-eight years ago, and is a son of Stephen and Mary (Booher) Polhamus.
     Stephen Polhamus came to Ohio from New Jersey. He settled first in Montgomery county and came then to Washington township, Shelby county, where he died at the early age of thirty-five years. His widow survived him and they had five children: D. G., George, Alonzo, Kate and John, all surviving except George and John.
     D. G. Polhamus attended the school near his father's farm and then spent two years assisting on the farm of his uncle, George Booher, and after this apart of the old homestead came into his possession on which he made many substantial improvements. He carries on general fanning and raises some good stock. He married Miss Ella Carpenter, and the following children have been born to them: Ida, who is now deceased, was the wife of Lewis Snow; Frank, who married Floyd Gabriel; John; Daisy, who married Emory Pottorf; and Clarence. Mr. Polhamus and family belong to the Methodist Episcopal church. In politics he is a republican and is serving as a member of the township board of trustees and was formerly township clerk.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toDavid G. Polhamus

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show