Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

N.A. Paulus

Male


 

N.A. Paulus

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 547

N. A. PAULUS
     who is one of Cynthian township's substantial and valued citizens, doing a large contracting and building business all through Shelby county, resides on his valuable farm of 100 acres, which lies three miles west of Newport, O. He was bom March 6, 1869, in Patterson township, Darke county, O., and has spent his life in his native state.
     When he was five years old Mr. Paulus was taken to Wayne township and there he lived all through his school period, then learned his trade and continued to make his home in that section until his marriage in 1900, to Miss Mary Perin. Mrs. Paulus was born in Cynthian township, a daughter of Julius and Rosa (Frances) Perin, well known and highly respected people of this township. Mr. Paulus bought the interests of the different heirs in the Perin farm and here he and family have lived ever since. With the exception of the comfortable residence, Mr. Paulus erected all the buildings now standing and has made many other substantial improvements. There are two sets of buildings on the place.
     Mr. and Mrs. Paulus are members of the Catholic church at Newport. They have three interesting children: Clara. Francis and Rosa. Mr. Paulus has always voted the democratic ticket but has never been willing to accept political office, making an exception when it came to membership on the school board, and in January, 1912, he was elected a member of the board of education of the Turner Special School District to serve until 1916.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toN.A. Paulus