Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

John H. Mowry

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 682

JOHN H. MOWRY
     a general farmer and stock dealer, well known in Franklin township, resides on his finely cultivated farm of eighty-five acres, and was born at Sidney, O., September 17, 1853. His parents were Daniel and Elizabeth (Davis) Mowry, and both are now deceased. They were people of sterling character and upright life, leading members of the Methodist Episcopal church and were widely known. Their children were: Lyda, wife of Louis Johnston: Anna, wife of William Counts; Clara, wife of Bert Patton: Alice, wife of George Pfaadt; Eva, wife of Charles Quinn; and Edward, Thomas C. and John H.
    John H. Mowry obtained his education in the country schools near his present farm, on which he has spent all his conscious life, remaining with his parents until they passed away and then purchasing the interests of the other heirs in the old homestead. He devotes his attention to general agriculture and also, as did his father, does some stock dealing. He is regarded as one of the able and practical farmers of his section.
    Mr. Mowry was married to Mrs. Sallie (Maderis) Clark, widow of John Clark and daughter of John Maderis, whose wife was a Miss Woods. He formerly was a well known stock buyer in Shelby county. Mr. and Mrs. Mowry are members of the Plum Creek Methodist Episcopal church. They have a wide circle of friends to whom their hospitable home is ever open. Mr. Mowry casts his vote with the republican party and as a citizen is intelligently active but is no seeker for office for himself.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toJohn H. Mowry

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show