Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

Dr. John F. Miller

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 260

DR. JOHN F. MILLER
     Dr. John F. Miller was another Port Jefferson practitioner, a student of Dr. S. C. Hussey, who enjoyed a lucrative practice in that community for many years. He was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in 1833, and came to Salem township in 1854. After studying medicine there he attended Starling Medical College and commenced the practice of his profession in Port Jefferson in 1857. He married Miss Margaret Henry in 1858, and had two sons one of whom survives him. He was a physician of more than ordinary ability, of fine literary tastes, and his death which took place in 1906 at Delaware, where he passed the last few years of his life, was most sincerely mourned by his old friends. His body lies in Graceland cemetery.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toDr. John F. Miller

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show