Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Edgar McCormick

Male


 

E. McCormick,M.D.

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 689

E. McCORMICK, M.D.
     physician and surgeon, with residence and office on the corner of College and Lincoln streets, Jackson Center, O., has a practice which extends north, east, south and west of the city. The father of Dr. McCormick died at Rosewood, O., at the age of eighty-eight years. His mother, however, died in his infancy and he was reared by the late T. B. and Elizabeth B. (Hawver) McCormick, the latter of whom survives and resides near Dr. McCormick.
     In the public schools of Jackson township the youth first had educational privileges and afterward became a student of medicine under Dr. Edward McBurney, at Jackson Center, subsequently entering the Ohio Medical College at Cincinnati. After graduating in medicine he located first at Santa Fe, in Auglaize county, later removing to another location, and remained in practice in Auglaize county for fifteen years, during which time he was a member of the Auglaize County Medical Society. In 1905 he came to Jackson Center. He is now a member of the Northwestern Ohio Medical Society. Dr. McCormick is a democrat in politics and is a member of the town council. He is surgeon for the Detroit, Toledo & Ironton Railroad.
     Dr. McCormick married Miss Minnie Sherer, a daughter of Christian Sherer, and they have two children: Lowell, who will graduate from the Ohio Western University at Delaware, O., in the class of 1914; and Eugene, who is a graduate of the Jackson Center high school. Dr. McCormick is an Odd Fellow and has passed the chairs in Lodge No. 736 at Jackson Center.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toEdgar McCormick