Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

J. William Klocker

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 548

J. WILLIAM KLOCKER
     a well-known general farmer and stockraiser of Shelby county, O., residing in section 35, Cynthian township, where he has eighty acres of fine land, was born December 23, 1872, in McLean township, and is a son of Herman and Elizabeth Klocker.
     J. William Klocker obtained his schooling in the Berlin Special School District, after which he engaged in farming, a very natural thing to do as he was reared to take an interest in this direction. In March, 3911, Mr. Klocker purchased this farm and has all but seven acres of woodland under cultivation. Through remodeling and building, draining and tiling, he has made his property much more valuable than when he bought it. He carries on mixed farming but has little grain to sell, finding it more profitable to feed stock. His markets are easy to reach, his land lying but three and one-half miles west of Newport, O., and on the Hale turnpike road through Cynthian township.
     In February, 1908, Mr. Klocker was married to Miss Mary Eilerman, a daughter of F. J. Eilerman, of McLean township, and they have two children: Leo, who was born December 23, on the Eilerman farm, 1908, in McLean township; and Margaret, who was born on the present farm October 24, 1911. Mr. Klocker and wife are members of SS- Peter and Paul Catholic church at Newport, O. He is a democrat in politics and on the democratic ticket was elected in January, 1912, a member of the board of education of the Turner Special School District.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toJ. William Klocker

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show