Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

John B. Jackson

Male 1846 - Yes, date unknown


 

John B. Jackson

A PORTRAIT AND BIOGRAPHICAL RECORD OF DELAWARE AND RANDOLPH COUNTIES, IND.
A. W. Bowen & Co. 1894
Page 724

JOHN B. JACKSON. - Delaware county, Ind., is noted not only for its fine farms, but also for its wide awake and progressive citizens, and many of these reside in Perry township. Among the latter may be named John B. Jackson, who was born in Delaware county, September 3, 1846, a son of James H. and Elizabeth (West) Jackson, whose sketch precedes this. 
        John B. Jackson was the eldest of the family of our children, and lived with his parents until he was twenty-one, having attended the common schools during the winters, as was the custom of the boys of the time and neighborhood. When he was twenty-two he entered upon the life of school 
teacher, and successfully continued it for some time. Mr. Jackson was married July 2, 1870, to Miss Elizebeth J. Marshall, daughter of Miles and Elizabeth (Bell) Marshall, and by this union became the father of five children, as follows: Miles H., born December 12, 1871; Clyde E., born April 27, 1873, but was taken away September 12, of the same year; Fatima L., born December 20, 1875, who now is one of the efficient teachers of Delaware county; Gola M., born April 9, 1877, and Eva E., born November 16, 1881. After his marriage, Mr. Jackson bought 100 acres of land and began 
the cultivation of it, giving up the teacher's profession entirely. He is now the owner of 140 acres, which are under a high state of cultivation, and he is considered one of the prosperous farmers of the community in which he resides. Socially, Mr. Jackson is a member of the Masonic order, belonging to Whitney lodge, No. 229, at New Burlington. In his political opinions, he is a republican, and has efficiently filled the office of assessor of Perry township for five years, and is at present serving as 
trustee of the same. He possesses in a marked degree the respect of the community and  is justly entitled to a prominent place among the representative citizens of Perry township and Delaware county.
 
Submitted by Gina M. Reasoner

Linked toJohn B. Jackson