PRESTON R. HUNT
who is a well-known resident of Plattsville, O., where he has lived for the past eighteen years, pleasantly occupies a part of his time in overseeing the industries successfully carried forward on his valuable farm of 143 acres, which adjoins the village. He was born in Green township, Shelby county, O., one mile south of Palestine, December 25, 1845, and is a son of Heman R. and Anna (Conover) Hunt.
Heman R. Hunt was one of the pioneer settlers of Shelby county. He was born in Butler county, O., and became a permanent resident of Shelby county in 1832, always afterward following fanning and stock raising on his original farm until the close of his life, when aged seventy-five years, being survived by his wife for five years. They had but two children; Preston R. and his brother, Bruce S. who is a physician at Sidney.
Preston R. Hunt obtained a district school education, reading, writing and arithmetic being its main elements, and afterward, for a short time before settling down to farming, taught school in Green township. For many years he carried on extensive operations by himself on his large acreage but for some years all heavy responsibilities have been turned over to his son.
Mr. Hunt married Miss Rosannah Search and they have five children: Mrs. FIorra F. Cornell, of Orange township: Charles Walter, who married Clara Martin; Viola, wife of L. L. Knoop: Kate J., wife of Findley Webster Brown and Heman Earl, who resides at home. In politics Mr. Hunt and sons are republicans. At times he has consented co serve in public office and for ten years was clerk of the Board of Education and for seven and one-half years was township clerk. Mr. Hunt is a member of the Universalist church.