Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

E. F. Henry

History of Shelby County
Sutton 1883
Perry Township
p. 217

E. F. Henry was born in Shelby County in 1848.  He is the son of Richard and Barbara Henry.  Richard Henry, the father of E. F. , was a son of Judge David Henry, and was the oldest of the family.  In 1829 he married Barbara Jackson, a daughter of Jesse Jackson, who was among the first settlers of Shelby County, having come to the county prior to the war of 1812.  They built a block house on the land of Edward Jackson, in which they lived and resorted to during Indian trouble.  This was on the bank of the Miami River, two miles south of the site of Sidney.  They lived on this place some ten years, then moved to where Port Jefferson now is; lived there two years, then located on section 27, Perry Township.  It was here that E. F. was born.  In 1877 he married Miss Anna B Fish, who was born in the county in 1856.  They reside on part of the old homestead.
 


Owner/SourceSubmitted by Marcella Messer
Linked toEleazer F. Henry

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show