Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

Waldo M. Gaines, M.D.

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 738

WALDO M. GAINES, M. D.
     physician and surgeon, at Pemberton, O., has been professionally established here since June, 1910, and has built up a very satisfactory practice, and, as a permanent citizen, has identified himself with the best interests of the place. After completing the high school course at Covington, O., he entered the Ohio Northern University at Ada, and subsequently the College of Physicians and Surgeons, at Indianapolis, Ind., where he was graduated in the class of 1905. For five years he was engaged in medical practice at Covington and from there came to Pemberton. Dr. Gaines is a son of Dr. Charles E. and Laura (Stevens) Gaines, the former of whom has been engaged in medical practice at Covington for twenty-five years. The other two members of the family are residents of Covington, namely: Mabel, wife of Clifford Townsend, and Theodora.
     In 1908 Dr. Waldo M. Games was married to Miss Lena Brown, who was born in Miami county, O., a daughter of William and Mary (Tobias) Brown. The father of Mrs. Gaines was a contractor in Miami county and died there. She has one sister and one brother: Cora, who is the wife of George Thompson; and Edward. Dr. and Mrs. Gaines have one daughter, Mary Frances. They attend the Methodist Episcopal and Baptist churches. Dr. Gaines is identified with the leading medical organizations of the county, is a republican in his political views, and fraternally is connected with the Knights of Pythias at Covington.

Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toWaldo M. Gaines

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show