EARL D. FRISTOE
whose farm of 138 acres of valuable land lies in Perry township, Shelby county, O., belongs to an old Shelby county family and was born in this township, January 21, 1879. His parents were Milton and Mahala (Fahnestock) Fristoe.
Milton Fristoe was a highly respected citizen, and a successful fanner. His death occurred in September, 1901, and his burial was at Port Jefferson. To his first marriage with Lyda Mericle four children were born: John, Anna, Libbie and Phebe. His second marriage was to Mrs. Mahala (Fahnestock) Spangy, widow of Philip Spangy, who had two children, Frank and Clara. To the second marriage but one child was born. Earl D. and his mother resides at Sidney.
Earl D. Fristoe attended the public schools and all his life has been more or less engaged in agricultural pursuits. The first land he ever owned was forty acres situated in Orange township, which he sold and then bought sixty acres in Perry township and after selling that, bought his present farm, in 1909, at sheriff's sale, it being known as the old Henry English farm. He made all necessary improvements, including the building of a new and substantial barn and is successfully interested here in raising Jersey cattle and Percheron horses.
Mr. Fristoe was married in November, 1900, to Miss Nellie B. Faulder, who was born in Shelby county, July 16, 1880, a daughter of George and Caroline (Fergus) Faulder. They are farming people in Salem township and their children are: Harry B., who is a physician at Wapakoneta; Charles, Edward, Taylor. Clementine, Nellie B., Mary, Donna, Chester and Benjamin. To Mr. and Mrs. Fristoe one son was born to whom the name of Lawrence Theodore was given, but his little span of life covered only five weeks. In politics Mr. Fristoe has been active as a republican and served three years as a county central committeeman. and is serving in his second term as vice
president of the county fair board. He is identified with the Knights of Pythias at Maplewood and Knights of Khorassan of Sidney, O.