Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

George N. Francis

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 610

GEORGE N. FRANCIS

     one of the enterprising young agriculturists of Loramie township where he works eighty acres of well improved land, owned by his father, has spent his life in his native county and belongs to a well known family here. He was born at Russia, Shelby county, January 13, 1883, and is a son of Celestine and Rosalie (Cordonnier) Francis, who are residents of Russia, O.
     After his school days were over, George N. Francis learned the carpenter trade at which he worked throughout Shelby county, living at Russia from 1908 until 1911, when he put aside his tools with which he had proved himself very skillful, and since then has been engaged in general farming and has all this land under cultivation with the exception of twelve acres still in timber. Mr. Francis is a democrat in politics and is one of the leading and active citizens of his township. Since January, 1912, he has been clerk of Loramie township and also a notary public, and for two years has been clerk of the Russia Special School District.
     On June 2, 1908, Mr. Francis was married to Miss Leontine Monnin, a daughter of Justin and Emelia (Millet) Monnin, and they have three children: Lyndon, Yvonne and Linus. Mr. Francis and wife are members of the Catholic church at Russia. Until the order of Knights of St. John was discontinued at Russia, Mr. Francis was secretary of the organization.


Owner/SourceSubmitted by: Diana (Souders) Smith
Linked toGeorge N. Francis

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show