George W. Faler
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
GEORGE W. FALER
one of the best known and most respected residents of Dinsmore township, Shelby county, O., who now lives in comfortable retirement on his farm of 130 acres, which is situated three and one-half miles northeast of Anna, O., was born in 1833 in Pennsylvania, and seventy years ago was brought to Dinsmore township by his parents, John and Elizabeth (Burkett) Faler. John Faler was of American birth but his wife was born in Germany. They were among the pioneers in Dinsmore township
and for years were well known but have long since passed away. They had three sons and four daughters: George W., John, Christopher, Susan, Mary, Elizabeth and Catherine.
George W. Faler attended the early schools under the conditions that then prevailed in Dinsmore township, and afterward learned the carpenter trade, at which he worked for many years, and also followed farming and stock-raising. He was successful in his undertakings and acquired a competency and for some years has lived retired from active labor, his sons assuming his responsibilities and carrying on the farm industries in a capable manner.
Mr. Faler married Miss Mary Ann Taylor, a daughter of John and Rebecca Taylor, and ten children were born to them, namely: John F., Margaret E., Jacob A., Amanda, Minnie, Alabel, Mary A., Dillie, Alonzo and Nora. John F. married Lillie Kepplinger and they live in Jackson township; Margaret married William Wilferd and they live east of Anna. O.; Jacob lives on the homestead; Mary A. married John Lease and they live in Dinsmore township; Dillie and Alonzo live at home: Nora married Michael Metz and they live in Dinsmore township. Amanda, Alabel and Minnie are all deceased, Alabel having been the wife of Luther Whited. Mr. Faler has always been a citizen in whom his neighbors could rely and he has served the township in such offices as road supervisor and trustee. He is one of the pillars of the Reformed church, so to speak, and has long been a deacon in the church at Swanders, O.