Frank J. Eilerman
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
FRANK J. EILERMAN, a well known resident of Shelby county, who is a retired farmer residing in section 9, McLean township, where he owns 120 acres of valuable land, situated two miles east of Fort Loramie, on the Sherman turnpike road, was born in this township, December 9, 1847, and is a son of George Henry Eilerman, an early settler and worthy citizen of this part of the county,
Frank J. Eilerman obtained his education in the Sherman Special School District. Farm industries occupied the entire period of his active life and these he continued until 1910, when he shifted his responsibilities from his own shoulders to the sturdy ones of his son, being fully assured that a capable hand still remained at the plow. Mr. Eilerman came to the present farm following his marriage and with the exception of thirty acres of woodland, placed all the land in a tillable condition. He continued his improvements until he had an entire set of new buildings, those now standing, which are substantial in construction and adequate to farm needs. He found, at times, that parts of his land required draining and that also was attended to and a large amount of tile put down.
In 1873 Mr. Eilerman was married to Miss Catherine Holscher, who was born on this farm, the only daughter of B..H. Holscher, who was a victim of cholera during the epidemic of 1849. To Mr. and Mrs. Eilerman four children were born, as follows: Henry, who lives in Cynthian township, married Mary Dresher; Clemens, who has charge of the home farm, married Lena Dresher; Mary, who is the wife of William Kloeker, of Cynthian township; and Katie, who is the wife of Henry Borger, of McLean township. Mr., Eilerman has always been interested in the public schools and the only office he ever accepted was that of school director. With his family he belongs to St. Michael's Catholic church at Fort Loramie and when this church edifice was built he made a substantial contribution to the fund.