Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

George Ehrhardt

Male 1879 - Yes, date unknown


 

George Ehrhardt

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 521

GEORGE EHRHARDT, a member of the board of trustees of Clinton township, and a substantial business man of Sidney, was born at St, Louis, Mo., November 6, 1879, and is a son of Henry W. and Emma (Hambrock) Ehrhardt, the former of whom is one of the leading gardeners and florists in this section.
George Ehrhardt was two years old when his parents returned from St. Louis to Cincinnati, O., their former home, where both had been reared. In 1888 the family came to Sidney and here George Ehrhardt was educated and then served an apprenticeship to the baker's trade. In the meanwhile his father had taken his eldest son, the late Theodore Ehrhardt, as his assistant in the gardening and florist business which he had established, and the younger son carried on a bakery for seven years at Sidney. When Theodore Ehrhardt died in 1910, George Ehrhardt sold his business to Edward Staley and became associated with his father. Seven acres of land are utilized for gardening purposes and six greenhouses supply plants and flowers to all this part of the county,
Mr. Ehrhardt was married in 1902 to Miss Anna Adlon, of Springfield, O. They have no children of their own but are parents to two of the four children left by Theodore Ehrhardt, Vendora and Walter A., whom they have adopted. Mr. Ehrhardt has always been identified with the republican party and on the republican ticket he was elected in the fall of 1911 to his present office and. Clinton township is profiting thereby. Fraternally he is connected with the Odd Fellows and the Knights of Pythias.


Owner/SourceDiana (Souders) Smith
Linked toGeorge Ehrhardt