Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Biographies

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show

William M. Caven

"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 582

WILLIAM M. CAVEN, whose finely unproved farm of seventy-nine acres, is situated in Green township, twelve miles southeast of Sidney, O., came from one of the old and representative families of Miami county, where he was born August 1, 1871, a son of James M. Caven, who subsequently became a well-known resident of Orange township, Shelby county.
William M. Caven was educated in the public schools and grew to manhood on his father's farm and remained there until 1894, when he settled on his present place. Mr. Caven has so improved his property that it arouses favorable comment and he undoubtedly has the finest set of farm buildings in Green township. He carries on a general farming line, raising grain and stock, and a pleasant prosperity seems very apparent and evidently has been brought about by Mr. Caven's excellent management.
Mr. Caven married Miss Maggie Covault, a daughter of Erastus Covault, who was a farmer in Miami county. Mr., and Mrs. Caven have three children : Foster L, Franklin C., and William Gamer. The family belongs to the Christian church. Mr. Caven has served with efficiency in the office of township trustee, elected to the same on the democratic ticket.


Owner/SourceDiana (Souders) Smith
Linked toWilliam M Caven

» Show All     «Prev «1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 582» Next»     » Slide Show