"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
WILSON CAROTHERS, one of the proprietors of the Buckeye Churn Company is a native of Wyandot county, O. where he was born July 20, 1855. His father, William Carothers, was born in 1814, and his mother, Mary Jackson-Carothers, was born in 1818. His education was received in the schools of his native country, where he remained on the farm till the age of nineteen when he began clerking in a drug store at Carey, O. In November, 1874, and in September, 1876, he bought the store where he was clerking, and continued to conduct the drug business until 1891, when he sold out and moved to Sidney, O., and since that time has given his entire time to the business of the Buckeye Churn Company, of which he and James Anderson are the sole proprietors. This company was organized in 1887, at Carey, O., by Messrs. Anderson, Carothers and E. S. Denham, the latter selling out to the present proprietors. This company has been highly successful from the start, which is due to the present proprietors and their able management. On November 25, 1877, Mr. Carothers was married to Miss Emma J. Keller, who was born in Wyandot county, April 27, 1854. She received her education in the schools of that county. To this union have been born four boys, all of whom are living. Mr. Carothers is a supporter of the principles of the republican party, and fraternally he belongs to the Masonic lodge. As a citizen and business man he ranks among the best in Sidney.