Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

The Memorial Building



» The Memorial Building     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...


Monumental Building

Located at the NW corner of S. Ohio Avenue and W. Court Street.
It was built as a memorial to Civil War Soldiers from Shelby County, Ohio - those who died and thosewho served. The monumental building was completed in 1876. It housed city offices (fire, police, mayor), an Opera House on the third floor and a Public Library was located ub the north portion of the first and second floors. The offices gradually moved out, relocating to other buildings. Afterwards, the building fell into disrepair. In 2000, the building was renovated and now houses the city Municipal court, etc.
"Sgt. Baker" is in the niche in the front of the building under the pointed "roof". "Roll of Honor" Tablets were moved from the 2nd floor to the first floor to the Veteran's Office where the can be seen from the sidewalk.


Owner/SourceBetty Bevans
AlbumsMisc. Photos, The Memorial Building

» The Memorial Building     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»     » Slide Show