William J. Borchers
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
WILLIAM J. BORCHERS, a general merchant and representative business man of Fort Loramie, O., was born in McLean township, Shelby county, O., October 28, 1884, a son of Bernard and Catherine Borchers. He was reared and attended school in the same locality and at the age of twenty-two years left the farm to attend business college at Sidney, O. After taking a course in bookkeeping, he purchased the grocery business of E. J. Evans, on Pomeroy avenue, Sidney, which he conducted for two years. He then sold out and moved to the Wagner block, becoming proprietor of the Arcade Grocery. On June 30, 1910, Mr. Borchers- old that place and moved to Fort Loramie, O., where he established his present business, in which he has been quite successful. His property, which he purchased, is located on the west side of the canal, adjoining the bank. He has greatly improved the building and carries a first-class stock of goods. Besides attending to his personal business, Mr. Borchers is ticket and freight agent for the Western Ohio Railroad and is also agent for the Wells Fargo Express Company. Politically a stanch democrat, be has the confidence of his fellow citizens, and was elected January 1, 1912, as a member of the town council. He is also an active and useful member of the Commercial Club and belongs to the volunteer fire department.
Mr. Borchers was married November 11, 1908, to Miss Lena Seiter, a daughter of Joseph Seiter, of Sidney, O. They have one son, Joseph, who was born June 11, 1912. Mr. and Mrs. Borchers are members of St. Michael's Catholic church, and he is identified with the Knights of Columbus and the Knights of St. John.