Henry J. Borchers
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
HENRY J. BORCHERS, one of the prosperous farmers of McLean township, who successfully cultivates his farm of 153 acres, which is situated in section 11, two and one-half miles southwest of Fort Loramie, O., is interested also in a farm of eighty acres, which, in association with his brother, J. J. Borchers, he purchased from George Williams, with the intention of devoting it to stock raising. Mr. Borchers was born in McLean township, Shelby county, O., June 3, 1874, and is a son of J. B. Borchers, one of the well-known residents of this section of the county.
Henry J. Borchers obtained his schooling in the Berlin Special School District and ever since has been engaged in agricultural pursuits and at the time of marriage purchased his home farm from his father. He has all of his land well drained and in fine tillable condition with the exception of twelve acres which he prefers to keep as a wood lot. Mr. Borchers is known as an industrious, sensible and careful farmer and his time is largely devoted to his own affairs, although at times he has accepted official responsibilities on the board of education, for seven years serving as clerk of the Walkup Special School District.
On May 1, 1901, Mr. Borchers was married to Miss Frances Hilgefort, a daughter of Clemens and Mary Hilgefort, and their eight children were all born on this farm and here the fifth of the family, Bernard Paul, died when aged but three weeks. All the others survive and are a sturdy and interesting little group: Marie, Kate, Eleanor, Bernadine, Loretta, Ursula and Rose. Mr. Borchers and wife are members of and are carefully rearing their children in St. Michael's Catholic church. In politics Mr. Borchers is a democrat.