Shelby County
 OHGenWeb

Photos


Matches 151 to 200 of 315     » Thumbnails Only    » Slide Show

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»

   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
151
Mentges Folder Company Ad
Mentges Folder Company Ad
 
 
152
Miami River in Sidney
Miami River in Sidney
 
 
153
Miami River in Sidney
Miami River in Sidney
 
 
154
Miami Street Looking South ~ Sidney, Ohio
Miami Street Looking South ~ Sidney, Ohio
Main buildings in this photo are the Presbyterian Church, Baptist Church and Central School. The photo has on it that this is Main Street, it is actually Miami St. 
 
155
Michael Loy
Michael Loy
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 494 
 
156
Military Drill Team-1910
Military Drill Team-1910
 
 
157
Miller's Swimming Pool
Miller's Swimming Pool
Located on S. Brooklyn Ave. in Sidney, Ohio. 
 
158
Monumental Building
Monumental Building
Located at the NW corner of S. Ohio Avenue and W. Court Street.
It was built as a memorial to Civil War Soldiers from Shelby County, Ohio - those who died and thosewho served. The monumental building was completed in 1876. It housed city offices (fire, police, mayor), an Opera House on the third floor and a Public Library was located ub the north portion of the first and second floors. The offices gradually moved out, relocating to other buildings. Afterwards, the building fell into disrepair. In 2000, the building was renovated and now houses the city Municipal court, etc.
"Sgt. Baker" is in the niche in the front of the building under the pointed "roof". "Roll of Honor" Tablets were moved from the 2nd floor to the first floor to the Veteran's Office where the can be seen from the sidewalk. 
 
159
Moses R. Russell
Moses R. Russell
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 504 
 
160
NOT G. Webers Place-current day photo
NOT G. Webers Place-current day photo
this is actually 200 block of court street. 
 
161
Ohio Ave. - Sidney, Ohio
1915
Ohio Ave. - Sidney, Ohio 1915
 
 
162
Ohio Building-Under Construction
Ohio Building-Under Construction
"Here are some photos of Sidney Ohio. My grandfather, Stanly Bryan lived there from 1920 to 1929. He lived in the Bonnyconnellan castle.
My mom was born in the castle in 1924. Stanly owned the Venus Chocolate factory and he built the Ohio Building. Pictures attached.
He lost it all in the 1929 market crash." ~Mike Kramer 
 
163
Ohio National Guard Armory, Sidney, Ohio
Ohio National Guard Armory, Sidney, Ohio
 
 
164
Ohio Street Looking North ~ Sidney, Ohio
Ohio Street Looking North ~ Sidney, Ohio
 
 
165
Old Shelby County Jail
Old Shelby County Jail
Located on the corner of Main St. and Court St. 
 
166
Old Shelby County Jail and Sheriff's Residence
Old Shelby County Jail and Sheriff's Residence
Located on on the SE corner of S. Main Street and E. Court Street in Sidney, Ohio.
The new jail was built on Gearhart Road, south of Sidney. The Old Jail is currently empty. 
 
167
Old Stone Bridge - Poplar St. (Sidney)
Old Stone Bridge - Poplar St. (Sidney)
 
 
168
Orphan's Home ~ 1905
Orphan's Home ~ 1905
 
 
169
P. O. Stockstill
P. O. Stockstill
 
 
170
Pauline Partington in her general store
Pauline Partington in her general store
 
 
171
Pemberton School ~ 1921
Pemberton School ~ 1921
 
 
172
Peoples Savings & Loan
Peoples Savings & Loan
 
 
173
Perry Andrew Howell
Perry Andrew Howell
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 565 
 
174
Pipers Dry Goods Store
Pipers Dry Goods Store
 
 
175
Pipers Dry Goods Store
Pipers Dry Goods Store
 
 
176
Pipers Dry Goods Store Ad in 1902 Sidney Directory
Pipers Dry Goods Store Ad in 1902 Sidney Directory
 
 
177
Poplar Street in Sidney, Ohio
Poplar Street in Sidney, Ohio
 
 
178
Popular Street between Main Street and Ohio Avenue.
Popular Street between Main Street and Ohio Avenue.
Thediecks Department Store in center of pic is the first building they had, fire destroyed it in 1914. 
 
179
Popular Street between Main Street and Ohio Avenue.
Popular Street between Main Street and Ohio Avenue.
First Building on right side of photo is Thediecks Department store. This is their first building before fire destroyed it in 1914. 
 
180
Preston R. Hunt Family
Preston R. Hunt Family
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 741 
 
181
Public Square 1846
Public Square 1846
 
 
182
Public Square 1887
Public Square 1887
 
 
183
Rauth & Thompson Dealers
Rauth & Thompson Dealers
 
 
184
Residence of Thomas Holmes
Residence of Thomas Holmes
 
 
185
Roll of Honer Tablets
Roll of Honer Tablets
Located in the Monumental Building Sidney, Ohio.
The plaques were created in the memory of the Shelby county men (and boys) who died in the civil war. The Tablets were installed in the Monumental building in 1878, three years after the building was erected. The name of each soldier was engraved in marble with their names highlighted in gold.
The Tablets were moved from the 2nd floor to the first floor to the Veteran's Office where the can be seen from the sidewalk. 
 
186
Russell Grant
Russell Grant
 
 
187
Samuel J. Duncan
Samuel J. Duncan
"History of Shelby County, Ohio"
by A.B.C. Hitchcock; Sidney, Ohio; 1913
Richmond-Arnold Pub. Co.; Chicago, IL.
Page 842 
 
188
Sarah Elizabeth (Bull) Randolph
Sarah Elizabeth (Bull) Randolph
 
 
189
Sgt. Baker
Sgt. Baker
Located in the niche in the front of the Monumental building. 
 
190
Shadrack White
Shadrack White
Shadrack was often called by the nickname of "Buddie Shang" 
 
191
Shadrack White 1850 Census
Shadrack White 1850 Census
 
 
192
Shadrack White 1860 Census
Shadrack White 1860 Census
 
 
193
Shadrack White 1870 Census
Shadrack White 1870 Census
 
 
194
Shadrack White 1900 Census
Shadrack White 1900 Census
 
 
195
Shadrack White 1910 Census
Shadrack White 1910 Census
 
 
196
Shadrack White Death Certificate
Shadrack White Death Certificate
 
 
197
Shadrack White News Article November 9, 1889
Shadrack White News Article November 9, 1889
 
 
198
Shadrack White Obituary from April 1, 1912
Shadrack White Obituary from April 1, 1912
 
 
199
Shadrack White Photo from Obit April 1, 1912
Shadrack White Photo from Obit April 1, 1912
 
 
200
Shelby County Children's Home
Shelby County Children's Home
The home was dedicated November 4, 1897 and was opened a short time later. The children from Shelby county had previously been living at the Logan County Children's home, but were transferred back to Shelby county after the new Children's home was built.
In 1903, a two-story school, with grades 1 through 4 on the first floor and grades 5 to 8 on the second floor, was built from the money left in the will of Mrs. Mary Barkdull (d. 1898). In 1939, the school was closed and the children were sent to Orange Township school located on Rt. 25. In 1865, the school was torn down.
The main building in the center is the only part still there. The other buildings were the "Boys' Cottage and Girls' Cottage". They, and the covered corridors linking them to the main building were torn down years ago. 
 

    «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next»