Shelby, County
 OHGenWeb


  Shelby County Courthouse

Main Feature

Shelby county was formed in 1819 from Miami County and was named for General Isaac Shelby, Revolutionary War hero and first Governor of Kentucky. The village of Hardin was named the county seat, and an old blockhouse served as the site for conducting official county business. Several sessions of court were held there, but the county seat was removed to Sidney following the December 13, 1819 session, and remains there today.


Historical & Genealogical Societies:
 
 
Proud to be a part of the:
 
 
OHGenWeb Neighboring Counties: